Blending fresh watermelon with other ingredients makes for a refreshing, fruity beverage. This glowing orange recipe will keep you hydrated while helping you sneak in a few servings of fruits and veggies — what’s better than that? Plus, while researchers are still discovering the benefits of turmeric, it’s widely accepted that it has major benefits to your body and brain including such health heavy hitters as lowering risk of heart disease, cancer and even Alzheimer’s disease.
Five simple ingredients make this a truly delicious, super healthy recipe to whip up and enjoy any time of year.
Watermelon Carrot Orange Ginger Turmeric Juice
- 6 oranges
- About 1/4 of a large seedless watermelon
- 2 large carrots
- About 3 inches of fresh ginger root
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- Set juicer to citrus setting (or soft fruit setting), and juice the oranges and watermelon.
- Set juice to medium and juice ginger.
- Set juicer to hard setting and juice carrots.
- Sprinkle in turmeric and stir until well blended.
- Pour over ice and enjoy immediately.
*Note: If you don’t have a juicer, you can blend all produce together and then push through a strainer. Add turmeric and stir. It will taste the same!
ALSO TRY: Not your Mama’s grapefruit juice.
Get groceries delivered from everybodycravespantry.com, where shipping is always free.