Is there any party, picnic, or potluck that isn’t made infinitely better with a dish of deviled eggs? This old-fashioned appetizer is a staple at spring gatherings and certainly around Easter holiday dinners. This year, instead of the everyday recipe, serve a tray of these tangy dill pickle deviled eggs.
This is why they’re called Deviled Eggs.
They incredibly easy to prepare. Just hard-boil eggs, then mash the yolks with a bit of mayo, Dijon. Add a splash of pickle juice, finely chopped up Dill pickle, and some fresh dill, and you can take your deviled eggs to the next level.
Here’s how to make perfectly hard-boiled eggs… or make hard-boiled eggs in an Instant Pot.
Tip: Make sure your pickles are super finely chopped, or that you’re using a piping bag tip that the pieces can easily be squeezed out of. You don’t want to have to fight with a piping bag clogging up all of the time.
The garnish is optional, but I think it adds a little something eggstra, no?
Make these eggs up to 3 days in advance of your party or gathering.
Delicious Dill Pickle Deviled Eggs
Makes 2 dozen deviled eggs
- 12 hard-boiled eggs, cooled and shells removed
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise or Miracle whip
- 1 tbsp fresh dill, minced (plus more for garnish)
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp dill pickle juice or more to taste (from the jar)
- 1/3 cup finely chopped dill pickle
- salt and pepper
- 1-2 mini Dill pickles, thinly sliced, for garnish
What else you’ll need
- Fork to mash mixture
- Medium-sized bowl
- Piping bag and tip (or freezer bag with corner cut off)
- Room in refrigerator for storage if not serving immediately
- Slice peeled hard-boiled eggs lengthwise.
- Gently scoop cooked yolks into a medium-sized bowl. Add mayonnaise, Dijon, pickle juice and stir or mash until combined. Then add fresh dish, chopped pickles, and salt and pepper to taste. Stir until combined.
- Fit large piping bag or freezer bag with desired tip. Scoop yolk mixture into piping bag, and pipe into egg white centers.
- Garnish with paprika, more dill, and Dill pickle slices.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Note: Deviled eggs can be stored up to 3 days in the fridge.
Also see, Brie, cranberry and pecan stuffed mushroom appetizer.