You can never have too many simple and tasty appetizers up your sleeve. These delicious stuffed mushrooms are impressive at any gathering, but are easy enough to whip up for yourself on a weeknight. They’re warm, filling and have just the right about of sweetness, creaminess and crunchiness to satisfy your cravings.
Brie, cranberry and pecan stuffed mushrooms
- 12-18 large white mushrooms or mini Portobello mushrooms
- 1/4 cup dried low-sugar cranberries
- 4-6 ounces of creamy Brie, cut in small cubes
- 3 tbsp pecan pieces
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Fresh cracked black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or foil. Wipe mushroom caps with a damp cloth or remove dirt or residue, then carefully remove the stem.
- Brush mushroom caps with olive oil and place on baking sheet. Sprinkle with pepper.
- Stuff each pepper with several cubes of brie, cranberries and pecan pieces.
- Bake for 7-9 minutes, or until cheese is bubbly. Cool for at least 5 minutes before serving. Plate and drizzle with balsamic glaze.
Also see, spicy cranberry and pomegranate, brie crostini bites.