Whether you are age two or 92, Rice Krispie squares are sure to bring smiles. This season, create a little spooky fun with the classic treat and add a white chocolate drizzle to turn them into yummy mummies. These easy-to-make treats would be cute individually wrapped for Halloween parties at school or even just as a surprise for your family or friends.
Mummy Rice Krispie Treats
- 6 cups Rice Krispie cereal
- 1 10-ounce bag mini marshmallows
- 3 tbsp butter + 1 tsp for greasing pan and spatula
- 1 cup white chocolate candy melts
- Candy eyes
- Line a 9×13 baking dish with parchment paper, leaving enough hanging over the sides so you can grab and pull out the treats later. Grease the parchment paper with butter to prevent sticking.
- Rub butter on spatula and set aside.
- In a large pot, slowly melt 3 tbsp butter — careful not to burn. When melted, add marshmallows and stir constantly until marshmallows are smooth and completely melted. Remove from heat.
- Add in the Rice Krispies and mix until well coated.
- Transfer cereal to prepared baking dish and used butter spatula to evenly press the mixture to all areas.
- Allow to cool 10 to 20 minutes. Once cooled, remove from pan and cut into 12 rectangles.
- Melt white chocolate in microwave or on stovetop, careful not to burn. Spoon the melted chocolate into a small sandwich or pastry bag, and seal. Snip off a tiny corner.
- Squeeze two dots of chocolate on each Krispie square and secure eyes. Then sweep white chocolate across each square several times, in both straight and diagonal motions to create effect. Let the chocolate cool and harden for 15 to 20 minutes.
Also see, Get free food on Halloween.