Garlic bread and sauce can be a meal in my house. But what do you do to give an upgrade to this basic bread staple?
Add melty mozzarella, fresh sliced tomatoes and green basil, of course.
Serve as a side with pasta, or eat all on its own.
Caprese Garlic Bread
- 1 loaf Italian bread, halved
- 1 stick butter, softened
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella
- 2 medium tomatoes, sliced
- 1/4 cup balsamic reduction
- 6-8 fresh basil leaves, sliced
- Himalayan cooking and table salt
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- In a medium bowl, add butter, garlic and salt. Mash together until soft and blended. Spread mixture on both halves of bread.
- Place bread halves on a baking sheet, and bake about 15 minutes or until bread is lightly toasted and just barely brown.
- Evenly sprinkle the mozzarella over both halves of the loaf. Top with tomato slices, and bake for another 5-10 minutes, or until cheese is melty and lightly crispy on the edges.
- Remove halves from oven. Let cool 1 minute. Drizzle with balsamic glaze and garnish with basil.
- Cut into slices and serve immediately.