Watermelon makes a great substitute for tomatoes in this watermelon guacamole recipe — plus the rind is too cute not to use as a serving bowl. The sweetness of the watermelon tastes great with the spicy jalapeño and creamy avocado. It’s something a little different for your summertime party spread.
Watermelon feta guacamole
- 9 ripe avocados, pitted
- 1 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 3/4 cup chopped red onion
- 2-3 jalapeños, finely chopped (remove the seeds if you don’t like a lot of heat)
- 1/4 cup fresh squeeze lime juice
- 2 cups diced watermelon
- 1 cup feta cheese crumbles (the jalapeño variety if you can find it), divided
- And don’t forget tortilla chips for serving!
- Scoop out flesh from avocados into a large bowl. Smash with a fork until just slightly chunky. Add lime juice and mix until combined.
- Add cilantro, onion, jalapeño, watermelon, and 3/4 cup of the feta. Season with salt and pepper. Stir until combined.
- Sprinkle extra feta on top for serving.
- Serve with chips.
- Store leftovers in your guacamole keeper and keep them green longer.
Also see, Is it safe to eat watermelon seeds?