The best chicken salad I ever had was from a little bistro up the street from where I used to work. Sadly, it went out of business in just a few short years, but I still believe they could have kept their doors open with their chicken salad alone had more people discovered their incredible combination.
I’m not sure of their exact recipe, but like all delicious, good-for-you food, all of the main ingredients were right there, whole and easily identifiable. The red grapes were a welcome addition to the crunchy cashews, and flavorful fresh dill. The mayo mix was light, and just present enough to stick all of the ingredients together.
I swapped the classic chicken salad croissant for a slice of toasted brioche out of preference, but you serve on any bread you would like, or just spread it on a few hearty crackers.
Also try, Healthy avocado egg salad.
Chicken salad with grapes and cashews
- 1 small rotisserie* chicken, meat shredded
- 1 cup seedless red grapes, halved
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped cashews
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese (get the good stuff from the cheese counter)
- 1/2 cup non-fat plain Greek yogurt
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp milk
- 2 springs of fresh dill, chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp of dried parsley flakes
- Fresh cracked black pepper
- Pinch of salt
- In a medium bowl, combined the chicken, grapes, celery, green onion, cashews, and Parmesan.
- For the dressing, in a small bowl, whisk together the Greek yogurt, mayonnaise, milk, dill, lemon juice, garlic powder, parsley, black pepper and salt.
- Pour the dressing over the chicken mixture and stir until everything is well coated.
- Serve on toast or croissants with fresh spinach.
Note: You can substitute about one to two medium chicken breasts or one can of canned chicken for the rotisserie chicken if not available.
Also try, Lemon Almond Chicken Salad.
Shop everybodyshops.com for fun new kitchen gadgets and appliances to help make your own delicious recipes at home.