Kick start the new year with healthy recipes that make you feel great. No matter what type of diet you follow, most folks can get on board with meals and snacks that use whole foods and little-to-no processed ingredients or sugars.
Smoothies are a great way to pack plenty of nutrition into a five minute meal. As you grab a glass and head out the door, it will quickly become part of your healthy routine.
This recipe will keep you full for hours, so if you’re skeptical of smoothies, start here. The chia seeds and banana will see to it that I’m right about that!
Banana, spinach, pineapple chia smoothie
- 2 cups skim milk (or your favorite non-dairy milk)
- 1 cup frozen pineapple chunks
- 3 handfuls of baby spinach
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 2 ripe bananas
- Add all ingredients to the blender, and puree on high for about a minute.
- Pour and serve immediately.
*If you’re a fan of ice in your smoothies, go ahead and add a few cubes before blending. If you’re more of a “sipper” than a “chugger”, this will help keep it cooler longer.