This month has been crazy. I’d probably be eating cold cereal for breakfast, lunch, and dinner if I didn’t have some help once in a while. I’ve been putting some serious milage on my slow cooker! This cinnamon roll oatmeal is the fourth batch of slow cooker oats I’ve made this month, and it’s definitely one of my favorites.
If you’re a fan of cinnamon rolls — and I mean, who isn’t?! — you’re going to love this healthier take on everyone’s favorite decadent dessert. Of course, the cream cheese drizzle makes this not-so-diet-friendly, but you can either skip it, or use it lightly, just for a bit of flavor and fun. Even without the drizzle, you’ll still enjoy the cinnamon roll taste.
Oh! And bonus! Your whole house will be filled with the delicious smell of cinnamon. And if you’ve never added eggs to your slow cooker oatmeal before, you’re in for a real treat. Not only does it add protein, but along with the flour, it adds an incredible “just-baked” flavor.
Try it for yourself! It will be favorite all through fall and winter.
Slow cooker cinnamon roll oatmeal
- 2 cups steel cut oats (no substitutions)
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 3 cups milk (your choice)
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp all purpose flour
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
Cream cheese drizzle ingredients
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1-2 tbsp milk
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- In a 4 quart slow cooker, add the oats, milk, eggs, sugar, flour, and cinnamon. Stir.
- Set slow cooker on high for 2 hours or low for 4 hours. Place lid on top and let cook.
- In a small bowl beat together powdered sugar, vanilla, milk and cream cheese. Add more or less milk to get desired consistency.
- Serve warm oats in bowl and drizzle with cream cheese mixture.
(Adapted from Moms with crockpots)
Also see, Crock pot cinnamon oatmeal.