Roasted red peppers are one of those foods I keep stocked at all times. You can quickly elevate a basic chicken breast, pasta or pizza with a creamy roasted red pepper sauce. And it’s just as easy to make them a meal all on their own like in this tangy and satisfying soup made with cauliflower and creamy goat cheese.
Roasted Red pepper Cauliflower soup
- 4 large roasted red peppers
- 1 bag cauliflower florets
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 1/2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 3-4 springs fresh thyme
- 6 ounces goat cheese
- fresh ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Spread cauliflower on baking sheet in one layer and brush with 1 tbsp olive oil. Roast for about 20-30 minutes or until florets are tender. Turn once in the middle of cooking.
- In a large pot, add olive oil, onion and garlic and cook about 8-10 minutes on medium heat until onion is translucent. Careful not to let the onion brown. Add thyme and cook another 2-3 minutes.
- Add the peppers and cauliflower and broth and stir. Let simmer about 5 minutes.
- Crumble 4 ounces of goat cheese into pot and simmer another 5 minutes. Stir until cheese in melted and blended throughout soup. Season broth with salt and pepper.
- Ladle soup in batches into high-powered blender, and purée on high until smooth. Pour into large bowl. Repeat.
- Crumble more goat cheese on top and serve with bread or garlic croutons.
Also try, Slow cooker Mexican turkey chili recipe.
Get groceries delivered from everybodycravespantry.com, where shipping is always free.