Roasted red peppers are one of those foods I keep stocked at all times. You can quickly elevate a basic chicken breast, pasta or pizza with a creamy roasted red pepper sauce. And it’s just as easy to make them a meal all on their own like in this tangy and satisfying soup made with cauliflower and creamy goat cheese.
Roasted Red pepper Cauliflower soup
- 4 large roasted red peppers
- 1 bag cauliflower florets
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 1/2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 3-4 springs fresh thyme
- 6 ounces goat cheese
- fresh ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Spread cauliflower on baking sheet in one layer and brush with 1 tbsp olive oil. Roast for about 20-30 minutes or until florets are tender. Turn once in the middle of cooking.
- In a large pot, add olive oil, onion and garlic and cook about 8-10 minutes on medium heat until onion is translucent. Careful not to let the onion brown. Add thyme and cook another 2-3 minutes.
- Add the peppers and cauliflower and broth and stir. Let simmer about 5 minutes.
- Crumble 4 ounces of goat cheese into pot and simmer another 5 minutes. Stir until cheese in melted and blended throughout soup. Season broth with salt and pepper.
- Ladle soup in batches into high-powered blender, and purée on high until smooth. Pour into large bowl. Repeat.
- Crumble more goat cheese on top and serve with bread or garlic croutons.
Also try, Slow cooker Mexican turkey chili recipe.