If you’ve ever gone out to eat at an Indian restaurant and didn’t order a mango lassi, you’re seriously missing out! The mango lassi is a popular Indian drink made by combining yogurt with mangos and milk. This cool, creamy drink is the perfect accompaniment to spicy Indian food and the subcontinent’s hot weather, yet, it’s so good, you’ll want one all of the time no matter where you live. It’s like the most delicious milkshake you’ve ever had, but so much healthier!
Here’s an easy recipe that will take you 5 minutes or less.
- 2 ripe mangoes, peeled and diced
- 5 tbsp honey (or agave nectar)
- 1 heaping cup plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup milk (whole, 2%, 1%, or skim — your choice!)
- 1 cup ice (optional)
- Add all ingredients into blender and blend well. Scrape down sides if ingredients are getting stuck.
- Sample, and adjust sweetness per your taste by adding more honey or agave and blending again.
- Pour and enjoy!
Also see, Easy slow cooker Chicken Tikka Masala.