For an easy way to make brownies, try this flourless pumpkin, chocolate hazelnut recipe. It’s seriously the most moist dessert I’ve ever had. It’s sort of a cross between cake and brownies, but whatever you call it, you’ll love this sweet treat alone or served with ice cream and walnuts in a sundae.
All of the ingredients go right into the blender, so there’s nearly no clean-up. It tastes mostly of chocolatey hazelnut, but if you want more fall flavor try adding cinnamon or nutmeg.
chocolate hazelnut Pumpkin bread
Makes 1 loaf
- 1 1/4 cups chocolate hazelnut spread
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup pumpkin purée
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon (optional)
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Spray the inside of a loaf pan with cooking spray, set aside.
- Add chocolate hazelnut spread, cocoa powder, eggs, pumpkin purée, baking powder, cinnamon and nutmeg into blender and mix on high until smooth. Keep a spatula handy for scraping down the sides if necessary.
- Pour the batter directly into greased loaf pan. Bake for about 50-55 minutes. Knife or toothpick will come out clean when done.
- Let bread rest on cooling rack about an hour before slicing and serving.
*Serve a slice topped with vanilla ice cream and walnut pieces for a deliciously tasty dessert.
Adapted from Kirby’s Cravings