These licorice rainbows are easy to make and they just look so pretty! Twizzlers already come in rainbow colored assortments, so it’s really just all about assembly. These are perfect for spring, St. Patrick’s Day, or a rainbow themed party or shower. Kids will adore this cheerful snack. Put them in cellophane baggies for take-home bags or display them on the table for a tasty treat for your little leprechauns to enjoy now. If you’re lucky, you might even sneak one for yourself!
Looking for an adult treat? Try this Baileys Irish Fudge.
Lucky Licorice Rainbows
I ordered the licorice on Amazon Prime, but I’ve also seen it at Walmart.
What you will need:
- Parchment paper
- Rainbow Twizzlers
- 1-2 tbsp butter
- 1 bag of mini marshmallows, divided
- Shredded coconut (sweetened)
- Knife or scissors
- Cellophane bags and ribbon (if making goodie bags)
- Small saucepan
- Cover a hard surface with parchment paper.
- Arrange Twizzlers on parchment paper in desired order (ROY-G-BIV or any other order you wish!)
- Start by bending the licorice in half, pinching the ends towards each other, while pressing down a bit to keep the pieces in order. When rainbow has desired bend, carefully trim edges. Let go (rainbow may lose a bit of bend and that’s okay). Repeat until licorice runs out.
- In a small saucepan, melt half of the marshmallows with 1-2 tbsp of butter, careful not to burn (we want the mixture to stay bright white).
- When melted, spoon a thick line of marshmallow onto the parchment paper (wide enough you can stick licorice pieces to it). Smear more melted marshmallow at the top of licorice to further stick licorice together.
- Attach mini marshmallows to the melted marshmallow. Then add more melted marshmallow if necessary, then add shredded coconut. Repeat on both sides of the rainbow. Then repeat process for remaining licorice rainbows.
- Let rest for an hour so melted marshmallow can harden. Gently peel away from parchment paper.
- Now they’re ready!