Lucky Charms is probably one of those cereals you only spring for occasionally — like around St. Patrick’s Day when that devilish little leprechaun gets the best of your diet. But we must admit, the luck-themed sugary marshmallow shapes do add a fun flair to the holiday.
This year, upgrade your classic Rice Krispie squares to these Lucky Charms bars. You basically just swap out the cereal in your favorite Rice Krispie recipe.
Lucky Charms bars
Makes 16 squares
- 6 cups Lucky Charms
- 4 tbsp butter
- 1 (10-ounce) package of mini marshmallows
- Cooking spray
- Line an 8×8-inch baking pan with parchment paper and set aside. (This will help you remove squares and cut them later.)
- On low heat, melt butter in a large saucepan. Add marshmallows and stir constantly until everything is melted.
- Pour in cereal and fold until cereal is completely coated with melted marshmallow.
- Transfer cereal to baking pan. Lightly spray hands with cooking spray to help keep mixture from stick. Press the mixture evenly and firmly into baking pan.
- Let set up, about 1 hour.
- Pull up on parchment paper to release the bars.
- Cut into 2-inch squares.
- Store extras in an airtight container.
Also see, 10 recipes with beer you’re going to want to make this March 17.