Show me the person that isn’t looking for more delicious, healthy lunch ideas — we all are! Rarely are we dreaming of digging into a lunch we threw together at home in a hurry. So forget the sad salads you usually pack, and whip up a batch of this lemon almond chicken salad for tomorrow. With this recipe in your arsenal, you might actually stick to eating the healthy lunch you brought from home — and you’ll definitely look forward to it.
The crunchy almonds are so satisfying, and the lemon pepper seasoning makes this recipe oh-so-craveable. Eat it with crackers, or wrap it up in a lettuce leaf for a low-carb option. It’s great all on its own, too! We snack on it by the spoonful at my house.
There are tons of other ways to customize this recipe. Omit the tiny bit of mayo if you’re going for full-on healthy. Also, you could hide a handful of minced carrots for an extra veggie boost. Or, if you’re looking for complete control over your food and want to make this from scratch, substitute two chicken breasts for the rotisserie chicken.
This recipe is as perfect shared at a summer picnic for two, as it is as a holiday potluck for 22.
Welcome to your favorite recipe of 2019.
Lemon Almond Chicken Salad
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds (plus more for garnish if desired)
- 1 Rotisserie chicken, meat pulled and shredded
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 3 tbsp mayonnaise (omit if you’re eating entirely healthy)
- 2-3 tbsp lemon pepper seasoning (If you’re on a strict diet, consider a salt-free variety)
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 3 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- In a nonstick skillet, on medium heat, toast almonds. Stir constantly until almonds are golden brown and fragrant. (Careful! They do burn easily.)
- In a medium bowl, combine the Greek yogurt, mayo, seasoning, salt, lemon juice, green onions, and parsley to make the dressing.
- Transfer your chicken into the bowl with the dressing and add almonds. Mix well, until everything is evenly coated.
- Serve on crackers, a bun, or wrapped in a lettuce leaf.
Also try, Healthy baked coconut shrimp.