Warning! Do not make this dip unless you want to totally lose control. You won’t be able to stop eating this totally addictive buffalo chicken dip. Make for a party or for the whole family, so you don’t end up eating the whole batch by yourself (aherrrm. Not that I’ve ever done that ;0).
This chip dip is insanely delicious. In the Midwest, it’s a fixture at just about any football tailgate or house party. It’s mostly served with tortilla chips, celery sticks, and carrot sticks, but you could also use this same recipe to fill lettuce wraps, or serve over rice or quinoa. Chances are, you’ll love it so much, you’ll end up grabbing a fork and eating it right out of the pot.
Also try this Buffalo Chicken Dip Pasta Salad.
Classic buffalo chicken dip has usually been prepared in the oven, or even a crock pot, but is possibly even tastier from the Instant Pot. Here’s how to make it in a 6-quart Instant Pot:
Tip: If you prefer a thicker dip, remove from Instant Pot and transfer to an oven-safe baking dish. Bake dip at 400ºF for 8-10 minutes, or until bubbling.
Tip#2: For a hotter dip, use hot sauce instead of wing sauce.
Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken Dip
Serves about 24
- 1 pound boneless chicken breasts
- 1 cup of your favorite buffalo wing sauce, plus 3 tbsp (I like Frank’s)
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter, cubed
- 2 packages cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup ranch salad dressing
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup blue cheese crumbles
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- Tortilla chips, crostini, crackers, and/or veggie sticks for serving
What else you’ll need
- Instant Pot
- Meat thermometer
- Place chicken, 1 cup buffalo wing sauce, and butter in 6-quart Instant Pot. Lock lid and close the pressure-release valve. Set to pressure cook on high for 8 minutes.
- Once timer goes off, release the pressure and use a meat thermometer to make sure internal temperature of chicken has reached 165ºF.
- Transfer chicken from pot to cutting board or bowl. Shred using two forks or a hand mixer. Remove excess juices from Instant Pot. Return chicken to pot. Set Instant Pot to warm setting.
- Add remaining buffalo sauce, cream cheese, ranch dressing, and cheddar cheese. Allow a minute for cheese to start to melt before stirring well. When everything is good and melty, Buffalo Chicken Dip is done.
- Top with blue cheese crumbles and green onion. Serve right from Instant Pot to help keep dip warm, or if you would rather serve from a bowl, transfer dip to desired bowl then top with blue cheese and onions.
Note: Buffalo chicken dip will remain delicious in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days. Just reheat in the oven or microwave… but I’m willing to bet there are never any leftovers!