Quick! How do you make a margarita?
Margaritas should be one of the most simple cocktails out there, but somehow, we’ve gone and complicated things. We’ve convinced ourselves that to make them, we need a fully stocked bar, a basket of exotic tropical fruit, and some sort of special whizzing machine.
If you usually only order margaritas from restaurants or beach side bars, you’re in for a pleasant surprise. You can make this classic cocktail at home without adding loads of artificial sweeteners — and definitely nothing neon green. Once you taste a fresh margarita, you’ll never go back to those artificially flavored, complicated mixes again.
Note: Agave syrup is pretty easy to find in stores nowadays. Look next to the honey or other sweeteners.
Love tequila? One study claims it can help you lose weight.
3-Ingredient all-natural margarita
- 1.5 ounces Patron Silver (or other tequila)
- 1/2 ounce agave syrup
- 1/2 ounce fresh lime juice
- Salt for rim (optional)
- Rim margarita glass with salt (if desired) and fill with ice. Set aside.
- Shake tequila, agave, and lime juice in a cocktail shaker and strain into prepared glass.
- Garnish with a slice of lime if you’re feeling fancy.
ALSO TRY: 20 margarita recipes to make right now.