Whether served warm or cold, at the table or at the tailgate, spinach artichoke dip is always a hit. It’s always been one of my favorite appetizers, so I decided to try to make it officially into a meal. I had delicious success turning it into a loaf, so I thought, why not a sandwich!
This recipe is bursting with delicious smokey grilled artichoke hearts, spinach and lots of gooey cheese, all piled high on toasty garlic bread — because garlic bread makes everything better.
I used a panini press because it’s easier, but you can use a griddle or even a heavy pan on top of your sandwich to help give it a good squish as it’s cooking.
Try this super tasty recipe for spinach and artichoke panini for lunch or dinner today.
Grilled artichoke spinach panini
- 8 slices of sourdough bread
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 – 6.7 ounce jar of grilled artichoke hearts, chopped
- 16 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 cup baby spinach, chopped
- In a small bowl, combine butter and garlic powder with a pinch of salt.
- Set panini maker or griddle to warm to medium heat.
- Evenly spread butter on the outside of the slices of bread.
- Arrange slices of bread butter-side down. Top half of the slices, in even amounts, with shredded cheese.
- Add in even amounts, chopped artichokes and spinach. Top with a bit more cheese if you’d like!
- Top with second slice of bread — butter facing out — and place on panini press or griddle.
- Cook until the sandwich is golden brown and the cheese has melted.
- Cut diagonally and serve immediately.
Also see, Turkey and cheese pesto panini.
For ingredients and cooking supplies, everybodyshops.com.