These easy Grasshopper brownies are super chocolatey, minty, and ridiculously delicious! A fudgey brownie base is topped with a thick layer of mint frosting, and a thin layer of dark chocolate on top. The flavor combo is inspired by the famous vintage “grasshopper” cocktail made with crème de menthe, crème de cacao, and fresh cream — It’s definitely one decadent drink. And this is one decadent dessert! Chocolate mint fans will find a new favorite in this dreamy recipe.
Make it for your St. Patrick’s Day celebration or any time you crave a taste of cool, creamy mint and rich dark chocolate.
- 1 box brownie mix (Also usually calls for water, vegetable oil, eggs, and water)
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- about 1/2 tsp mint extract
- 3-4 drops green food coloring
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 bag (12 ounce) dark chocolate or semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup butter
- Grease bottom of 9×13-inch pan. Bake brownies according to directions. Let cool completely — or at least 1.5 hours.
- In a large bowl, add butter and cream cheese. Beat until smooth. Pour in 1/4 cup whipping cream and beat until blended. Add powdered sugar in thirds, beating each time. Add mint and food coloring. Blend well.
- Spread cream cheese mixture over top of cooled brownies. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- In a medium sauce pan, add all ganache ingredients, stirring constantly. Melt until smooth. Let rest away from heat for 10-20 minutes or until chocolate mixture is lukewarm.
- Pour chocolate ganache overtop of cream cheese mixture. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- When ready to cut, remove from fridge and let sit for about 20 minutes to bring dessert up to room temperature.
Also see, How to perfectly melt chocolate.