You know you’re solidly an adult when you find yourself looking forward to the Friday evening farmers market. I love leisurely meandering through the aisle, comparing produce and the homemade offerings of one vendor to the next. I usually leave with fresh cut wildflowers, a new jar of jam, some Amish baked goods, and a whole basket of local produce.
I set out to create a refreshing juice that reminded me of my summer Friday evening happy place. All of those fresh fruit smells and juicy looking veggies. It’s summertime in a glass.
Here is my recipe for Fresh Summer Farm Stand Juice:
Fresh Summer Farm Stand Juice
- 6 fresh strawberries, rinsed with greens in tact
- 1 large cucumber
- 1 large apple, (Envy is great for juicing)
- 2 medium carrots, washed and peeled
- small handful of spinach
- Run all ingredients through a juice, being sure to adjust your juicer for soft/hardness with each veggie, if that setting is available to you.
- Fill 2 large glasses with ice (optional). Pour juice into glasses and serve right away.
No juicer? Roughly chop all veggies and puree everything in a high-powered blender. Either enjoy as a smoothie, or pour contents through a cheese cloth and into a bowl to strain pulp. (If you don’t want to stain your hands, wear a pair of rubber gloves.) Enjoy!
Shop everybodyshops.com for fun new kitchen gadgets and appliances.