Cornflakes get all dressed up for the holidays with these super cute and easy no-bake wreath Christmas cookies. All you need is 5 ingredients and about 15 minutes, and you’ll have dozens of adorable little wreaths ready to serve on their own, or add to any holiday cookie tray.
These cookies are easy to make, but after years of trial and error dealing with this sticky marshmallow “dough”, I’ve learned the secret is to rub your hands with non-stick cooking spray. Spray your hands and rub together — like you would rub in lotion — so that the spray coats the sides of your hands and fingers, too. That way, you can mold the marshmallow-coated flakes into wreath shapes.
Also, transfer the “dough” to a piece of parchment paper once removed from heat. Spread it out and bit and let it cool for just 3 – 4 minutes. This will help remove some of the tackiness, but still give you enough pliability to work with it. But don’t linger too long! You’re going to need the marshmallow to be sticky enough that you can apply the mini M&M’s and have the stick.
Also try, Holiday Ornament Rice Krispie Treats.
Easy No-bake wreath Christmas cookies
- 1/2 cup butter (1 stick)
- 1 bag mini marshmallows
- 15-20 drops of green food coloring
- 5 cups cornflakes
- handful of M&M’s minis
What else you’ll need
- non-stick cooking spray
- parchment paper
- Line a sheet pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large pot on medium heat, melt butter. Add marshmallows and stir. Stir regularly to avoid burning. When marshmallows are just about melted, add green food coloring and stir. Remove from heat.
- Add cereal and stir until cornflakes are well-coated.
- Transfer mixture to parchment paper. Let cool for 3 – 4 minutes.
- Grab a bit of mixture and start for form a wreath about 1-inch thick around.
- Press M&M’s minis into wreath in groups of three to resemble “holly berries.”
- Let cool completely before transferring to cookie tray or storage container.
Also see, 10 crazy candy cane flavors you won’t even believe.