If you haven’t made it to the beach recently, you might be lacking on your piña colada consumption for the summer. Today, we fix that.
July 10 is celebrated annually as National Piña Colada Day, and what’s best is you don’t have to be sitting on a beach or the deck of a cruise ship to celebrate. Just mix some rum, cream of coconut and pineapple juice, and shake with ice. Try this delicious recipe from Bon Appétit.
For a more unusual take on the classic drink, try these easy five-ingredient piña colada popsicles!
Boozy Piña Colada Popsicles
- 1 cup chopped fresh pineapple
- 2 tbsp coconut rum + some
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- 3 tbsp organic sugar
- 2 tbsp shredded coconut (optional)
- Add pineapple to blender and pour rum over top. Let sit for 5-10 minutes. Stir occasionally to help the pineapple soak up the rum.
- Add coconut milk, sugar and shredded coconut to blender. Gently pulse a few times until ingredients are blended but not liquified (finding pieces of pineapple in your popsicle is a deliciously sweet surprise).
- Evenly pour mixture into popsicle mold (should make 4 popsicles). Top off any remaining space in popsicle mold with a small splash of rum. Insert popsicles sticks and freeze for about 4 hours.
- To remove from molds, let thaw at room temperature for about 5 minutes or run the bottom of the mold under hot water for 20 seconds to help loosen the contents.