This warm and crispy pizza combines two Italian favorites. You might find yourself wondering you ever want to eat anything else again.
- 1/2 cup cooked chicken, cubed
- 12 ounce store-bought pizza dough
- 1 1/2 cups grape tomatoes of varying colors, halved
- 2- tbsp extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1 tbsp cornmeal
- 3-4 ounces of fresh grated mozzarella cheese
- salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves, sliced thin
- Let pizza dough stand at room temperature for about 30 minutes.
- In the meantime, preheat broiler to high heat. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine tomatoes and 1 tbsp olive oil. Toss to coat. Spread tomatoes on baking sheet in a single layer. Broil about 10 minutes or until tomatoes begin to lightly brown.
- Place your pizza stone in your pizza oven or oven and turn to high heat.
- Lightly flour your countertop. Roll pizza dough into a 12- to 14-inch circle.
- Sprinkle stone with cornmeal (to prevent sticking), and transfer dough to pizza stone. Bake for 5 minutes on 500ºF.
- Mix garlic and 1 tbsp olive oil in a small bowl.
- Remove dough from oven and brush with olive oil, garlic mixture. Top with cheese, chicken and tomatoes. Brush crust and chicken with olive oil.
- Place in oven for another 10-10 minutes or until cheese melts and crust turns golden brown.
- Sprinkle with salt, pepper and basil. Cut and serve warm.
ALSO TRY: Caprese chicken pasta salad.
Get groceries delivered from everybodycravespantry.com, where shipping is always free.