It’s finally that time of the year when you can introduce some lighter fare to your home cooked menu. Whether it’s lunch or dinner (or leftovers!), this Caprese Chicken Pasta Salad has all of the elements of a perfect summer meal. Just toss some bite-sized pasta and mini mozzarella, with fresh basil and tomatoes from the garden and add some chicken for some protein. Then drizzle with olive oil and balsamic vinegar. It’s all the summer flavors you love, reconfigured as a quick and easy pasta salad.
When you combine pasta and Caprese, could you ever go wrong?
Caprese Chicken Pasta Salad
- 2 cups pasta (any shape)
- 2 cups chicken, cooked and cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 cups mini mozzarella pearls
- 1 cup cherry tomatos, halved
- handful of fresh basil, chopped + extra for garnish
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tbsp white balsamic vinegar, or balsamic glaze
- Cook pasta until tender. Set aside to let cool.
- In a small bowl, combine olive oil, balsamic and salt and pepper.
- In a large bowl, add tomatoes, cheese, chicken and basil and pasta, when cool. Toss to combine. Drizzle dressing over bowl and mix until ingredients are well coated.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Garnish with extra chopped basil.
ALSO TRY: Caprese garlic bread