While pumpkin pie, the king of fall foods, isn’t exactly a breakfast mom would approve of, you can still satisfy your morning sweet tooth without the guilt — or the gluten. These pumpkin pancakes are quick and easy, but they are also quite impressive. You’ll create an instant family favorite, guaranteed. Not gluten-free? Substitute any quick-ready pancake mix you choose.
This recipe leaves lots of room for customization — my favorite part of cooking. Top these pumpkin beauties with warm, sliced apples, cinnamon and walnuts, chocolate chips or even sliced peaches if you’re making them early enough in the season.
These gluten-free pancakes freeze really well, so go ahead and double the batch.
As you work with the ingredients, remember you want the batter to be pourable, but not runny. It should run off a spoon, but not spread too quickly in the pan.
Easy Gluten-free Pumpkin Spice Pancakes
Serves 2-3; Time: 10 minutes
- 2 cups gluten-free packaged pancake mix
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 3/4 cup canned pumpkin
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground cloves
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- non-stick cooking spray
- In a large bowl, whisk together the pancake mix, brown sugar, cinnamon, cloves and nutmeg. Make sure you break up all the chunks of brown sugar by lightly pounding with the end of the whisk or using a fork.
- Add water to bowl, and mix.
- In a separate bowl, add pumpkin and vanilla. Fold until blended. Add to larger bowl. Mix well.
- Batter should pour well, but should not be runny. For thicker pancakes, ad slightly less water.
- Pre-heat a large non-stick skillet and grease with a bit of butter or non-stick cooking spray. Once warmed, pour about 1/3 cup of batter into pan. Once you see bubbles begin to form in the middle and the edges crisp, flip pancake and cook another 30-45 seconds. Repeat this process until all batter is gone.
- The recipe yield about 8 medium pancakes, but the whole recipe can be easily double for larger morning gatherings… or evening. Pancakes for dinner is definitely a thing!
- Serve hot off the stove with a dollop of whipped cream and a drizzle of caramel and/or pure maple syrup.
Top quality groceries for every diet and lifestyle at everybodycravespantry.com.