It’s not too late to get in on the biggest breakfast trend of 2017. Smoothie bowls are exactly what they sound like — you create a smoothie and top it with pretty much whatever you would like. You don’t need perfectly sliced raw almonds or gorgeous exotic fruits. Any type of nut, fruit or even crunchy cereal make for great flavor and texture. Smoothie bowls are more satisfying than a regular smoothie, too, because you can’t just throw in back in a few seconds. You have to eat it like a real breakfast (there’s a spoon and chewing involved, yay!). There’s a reason why these beautiful bowls became so popular this year, and we’re definitely going to see more of them as people look for a healthy start to 2018. Here is one tasty smoothie bowl variety to get you started.
Berry Breakfast Smoothie Bowl
- 5 ounces Greek yogurt, plain
- 1 cup frozen mixed berries
- 1/2 banana
- 1 handful baby spinach
- 1/2 cup skim milk (or your favorite non-dairy milk)
- Toppings: dried blueberries, dried coconut, almond slices, 1/2 sliced banana, 2 tbsp chia seeds
- Add first 5 ingredients to blender and puree until smooth.
- Pour into bowl. Gently top with anything you’d like. Enjoy!
Also see, healthy, cranberry anytime smoothie.