We’ve all been there. You have to bring an appetizer to a party, but “veggie tray” has already be claimed from the list. What do you bring when you’re concerned about travel time and keeping an appetizer warm or cold?
Tortellini skewers are the answer to this age-old appetizer question. They’re both filling and festive, and the easy-to-eat design, means people will pick this up and they’ll be gone in no time. This dish can be served either warm or cold, so no need to stress about hauling coolers or reserving time in your friend’s oven. And it’s only 4 ingredients! Now that makes for holiday merriment.
holiday Tortellini skewers
- 10 ounce package of pre-made tortellini (multi-color make for some fun)
- 1/4 cup prepared pesto
- 1 cup sun-dried tomatoes, julienne
- 1-2 tbsp fresh grated Parmesan cheese
- about 2 dozen skewers
- Cook tortellini as the package per the package directions.
- Drain tortellini and toss with pesto until covered.
- Alternate placing tortellini and sun-dried tomato on skewer.
- Sprinkle with fresh grated parmesan cheese.
Also try adding olives, artichokes, cherry tomatoes or other antipasti for variations on these easy appetizer.
Adapted from Taste of Home.