Take a big bite out of Shark Week with this fun and festive Shark Bark. (It’s also great for ocean-themed or shark birthday parties, too!) The “sandy” Ritz cracker bottom tastes like delicious toffee. The swirly water layer is made with melted white chocolate. And if you like a little bloody realism to your Shark Bark, add a few drops of red food coloring! Top with big, blue gummy sharks. Then crack into pieces for an incredibly delicious, totally jawsome dessert!
What you will need:
- cookie sheet
- parchment paper
- space in your refrigerator for cookie sheet
- oven set to 375ºF.
Sandy Bottom Shark Bark
- Ritz crackers (about 1 1/2 sleeves of standard size box)
- 1/3 cup butter
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 packages white chocolate chips
- blue food coloring
- red food coloring
- gummy sharks
- Preheat oven to 375ºF.
- Line cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Place Ritz crackers on top of parchment paper in a single layer, but crackers can overlap a bit.
- In a small saucepan, melt butter and brown sugar — about 5 minutes.
- Pour brown sugar mixture over top of Ritz crackers as evenly as you can. Place baking sheet in oven and cook for 5 minutes, or until brown sugar is bubbly. Remove from oven, and quickly sprinkle with white chocolate chips. Place cookie sheet back in oven for 2-3 minutes. Use the back of a spoon to smooth chocolate out over crackers.
- Drip 4-5 drops of blue food coloring over chocolate and swirl into the chocolate until you like the look of it.
- Drip a few drops of red food coloring for blood. (optional)
- Place gummy sharks on top of still melted white chocolate. Then place baking sheet in fridge for about 45 minutes to cool.
- Break dessert apart into pieces.
- Serve immediately. Store leftovers in an airtight container.