Guys, listen up. If you’re going to serve breakfast in bed on Valentine’s Day, it should definitely be these pink, raspberry crepes. They’re sweet and delicious, and definitely photogenic — think: mad props for your efforts posted on her Instagram account. With just a few ingredients on the list, they’re way less difficult to pull off than they appear. Plus, you can fill with any of her favorite fruits, or drizzle with warm chocolate sauce to really heat up the holiday of love.
*It helps to have a crepe maker, but any non-stick pan or griddle will work.
Simple Raspberry crepes
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tbsp. sugar
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 4 eggs
- 3 tbsp. melted butter
- 5-6 drops red food coloring, (Add more if you like a darker pink or red crepe)
- 1-2 cups fresh raspberries, rinsed
Whipped Creme Ingredients
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2-3 tbsp powdered sugar (add more if you like it sweeter)
- 1 metal bowl, chilled (for mixing)
- Mix the flour, sugar and salt together in a medium bowl. In a separate larger bowl, mix the eggs, milk and melted butter. Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and whisk until smooth. Add red food coloring and blend until pink.
- For best results, let the batter rest at least 1 hour (overnight is recommended).
- Spoon about 1/4 cup at a time onto hot crepe maker or griddle. Quickly spread batter as thinly and evenly as possible.
Directions for whipping cream:
- Add cream and powdered sugar to chilled metal bowl. Whisk vigorously until peaks remain stiff — about 3-5 minutes.
- Fill each crepe with 3-4 heaping tablespoons of whipped cream. Add about 7-8 berries per crepe. Fold in quarters. Dust with powdered sugar and serve immediately.
Also see, the 100 most romantic restaurants.
Get groceries delivered from everybodycravespantry.com, where shipping is always free.