Sometimes all you want for dinner is a big bowl of guacamole. Let’s be honest — we’ve all had meals much worse than that.
Avocados and pineapple are two of my favorite ingredients, so it only seemed natural to put them together to create one of my other favorite foods — guacamole. The sweetness of the pineapple pairs perfectly with the not-so-subtle jolt of heat from the jalapeño.
I must admit, I came across this idea at a local restaurant that had a variation of a pineapple, bacon guac on the appetizers menu. I’m not much of a bacon fan, but if that’s you, feel free to crumble up some slices and sprinkle on top. Otherwise, this recipe is vegan and will only take you about 10 minutes
Scoop this sweet and spicy combination onto a blue corn tortilla chip for a picture perfect bite.
Pineapple Guacamole Recipe
- 3 ripe avocados, peeled and pitted
- 1 jalapeno, stem removed, minced (remove seeds to make less spicy)
- 1 1/2 cups diced pineapple
- 1/2 cup red onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 of a fresh lime to squeeze for juice
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped (+ a sprig more for garnish)
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- pinch of cumin
- Mash avocados, jalapeño, pineapple, onion, garlic, lime juice, cilantro, salt and cumin together with a fork or in a mortar and pestle until well mixed.
- Garnish with extra cilantro. Serve immediately with blue corn tortilla chips.
- Cover any leftovers with plastic wrap so the wrap touches the guac (this preserves the color and helps it from drying out) and refrigerate.
For natural ingredients, everybodycravespantry.com.