Looking for a quick, festive snack to bring to your New Year’s Eve party? These Sparkling Party Pretzels will be a hit with kids and adults alike. Just melt some chocolate, sprinkle generously with the season’s most festive sparkles, and let dry.
If you’re looking for great New Year’s Eve-inspired sprinkles, check your grocery store. This time of year, they tend to stock more unusual colors like silver and black. If not, party store chains like Party City carry them. I’ve also had success at Bed Bath & Beyond. If you’re a better planner than I, the internet, of course, opens you up to a whole world of sprinkle colors, shapes and sizes.
Also be sure to check out, What’s the difference between Prosecco and Champagne?
Happy New Year’s!
New Year’s Eve Sparkling Party Pretzels
About 2 dozen
- Splash of milk
- 12 ounces white chocolate chips
- 24 pretzel rods
- Sprinkles in various shapes and colors (gold, silver, black, or white recommended for NYE)
What you’ll also need
- a parchment paper-lined baking sheet
- a small container that’s much taller than it is wide (Tip: use a 24 ounce pop bottle with the first two inches sliced off)
- room in your fridge to cool pretzels on baking sheet
- Melt chocolate. In a microwave-safe bowl, add chocolate chips and a splash of milk. Heat in short bursts of 15 seconds, stirring in-between each time, until ships are fully melted and smooth. Add more milk between bursts as you see fit, to make chocolate smooth—just don’t overdo it!
- Let chocolate cool for 2-3 minutes, so it thickens up just a bit. (If chocolate is too liquid-y, it could slid right off your pretzel rod!)
- Use a spatula to scrap melted chocolate into small, tall container.
- Dip top third of pretzels in melted chocolate. Then dip a second time, letting excess chocolate drip off the pretzel. Set on baking sheet to cool.
- While chocolate is still very warm, add loads of sprinkles—don’t be shy! Mix up your colors, combos, and textures.
- Let pretzels dry for at least 3-4 hours. Or, for quicker results, place baking sheet in fridge for 30 minutes.