Yes! I’d marry you for that chicken!
So the story goes. From what I can tell, the first lucky recipient of this dish was moved to proclaim his eternal love if it meant always being able to eat this chicken dish.
That’s a pretty stellar review. And a perfect one for Valentine’s Day!
If you’re looking for a romantic and/or incredibly delicious recipe to make this holiday—whether it’s for one or a the whole family—this recipe will not disappoint. It’s similar to Tuscan Chicken with its blend of garlic, sundried tomatoes, and basil, but instead of spinach, we’ll add a sprinkling of red pepper flakes. It’s an easy, crowd pleaser in under 30 minutes.
Also try this Tuscan risotto with kale, mushrooms, and walnuts
It’s also keto-friendly, so bonus for those still sticking with their low-carb New Year’s resolutions.
Start by heating olive oil in a skillet. Add the chicken breasts and give them a good sear—nearly cooking them entirely. They’ll return to the pan later, so it’s okay if they’re not 100 percent done yet.
Remove the browned chicken and set aside. Add garlic and spices—careful not to burn—then the broth and cream. Once the mixture is simmer, add the tomatoes and Parmesan. Finally, add the basil and stir.
Return the chicken to the pan and spoon sauce overtop. Cook for another 15 minutes or so or until the internal temperature reaches 165ºF. This sauce is so good, you’ll want some bread or mashed potatoes to soak it up! Try this sauce on shrimp, too then toss with skinny spaghetti.
Marry Me Chicken — aka Creamy Tuscan Chicken
Makes 3 servings
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3-4 chicken cutlets
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 3/4 cup chicken stock
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 3 ounces sundried tomatoes, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, roughly chopped
- Optional: add spinach
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat olive oil.
- Season chicken breast with salt and pepper (both sides), and sear each side about 4 minutes.
- Transfer to plate and set aside.
- Return skillet to medium heat. Add garlic and cook 1 minute. Add thyme, red pepper flakes, stock, and cream. Let simmer 5 minutes. Stir often.
- Add sundried tomatoes and Parmesan cheese and stir until melted.
- Return chicken to skillet and spoon sauce over meat. Let simmer for about another 10-15 minutes or until internal temperature of chicken reaches 165ºF.
Also try, Easy chicken parmesan recipe.
Shop crock pots, small kitchen appliances and fun gadgets at EverybodyShops.com.