Unless you’re a fan of two lucky teams this year, chances are you’re not that excited about the Big Game next Sunday. All the more reason to step up your food game! Everyone knows that Super Bowl parties are really just about the eats anyway.
This year, take these loaded tater tots out of the oven right at game time. They’re crispy, hot, and full of flavor. Plus, kids practically go nuts for food on sticks. (Actually, I think we all secretly love snacks on sticks.) Serve them with any number of dipping sauces. I’m from Pittsburgh, so ketchup is a must, but you could also serve ranch dip, sour cream and chives, salsa, mayo, or even mayo ketchup — if you’re into that sort of thing.
Of course, any type of skewer or kabob will do. But I fell in love with these adorable little wooden football picks and had to have them. They come in a bag of 100 for about $11, so you’ll have plenty to serve with all your snacks, should you choose to splurge!
Here’s how to make this magical game day snack:
Loaded Tater Tot Kabobs
- Frozen tater tots
- Colby jack shredded cheese
- about 6 strips of turkey bacon, cooked and crumbled
- green onions, sliced
- Optional: sour cream, ranch, ketchup, etc. for serving
- Start by cooking your tater tots as directed on the package. This usually means spreading tots into a single layer on baking sheet and giving them a bit of room to brown.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool just long enough that you can handle them and skewer them. Keep oven running.
- Skewer tots (number will depend on the size of your kabob).
- Spread the skewers out back on the baking sheet and sprinkle with cheese and bacon crumbles.
- Return baking sheet to oven and bake just long enough for cheese to melt — or about 2-3 minutes.
- Top with green onions and serve immediately with dipping sauces.
Shop everybodyshops.com for fun new kitchen gadgets and appliances.