There are tons of reasons to make juice at home. Aside from benefiting from all of the additional vitamins, minerals, and enzymes in your diet, you can customize and make your very own mixtures, like this one, inspired by the popular vegetable drink V8.
V8 has been around since 1933, and it has that great tomato-y, salty flavor that we can’t get enough of. By making your own, you can decrease or even eliminate the amount of added sugar, sodium, food dyes (and potentially other scary things, too!). You can also mix up the blend and add more of what you love (and less of what you don’t), or add pulp back in for additional fiber.
Other benefits of Homemade V8 Juice
- High in Potassium, so it reduces blood pressure and protects again stroke.
- High in Vitamin A, so it will keep your teeth, bones, and white blood cells healthy.
- High in Vitamin C, to support a healthy immune system.
- High in Lycopene, so it will lower your risk of cancer and improve heart health.
Homemade V8 Juice recipe
- 3 tomatoes
- 1 carrot
- 1/3 cucumber
- handful fresh parsley
- 1 radish
- 2 stalks celery
- 1/2 beet
- 1 broccoli spear
- ~1/2 tbsp worcestershire sauce (or to taste)
- black pepper
- For a kick, try adding cayenne pepper, hot sauce, or jalapeño.
- Scrub and/or rinse all ingredients.
- Remove tops end of carrots and beets.
- Run all vegetable ingredients through juicer.
- Stir in salt, pepper, worcestershire sauce to taste.
- For cold juice, set in fridge or freezer for at hour.
- Drink and enjoy!
Shop everybodyshops.com for fun new kitchen gadgets and appliances.