It’s that time of year when the weather can swing wildly. You reach for swim suits one day and sweaters the next. When you’re mentally in the mood for fall, but temperatures aren’t quite there yet, consider bringing out the popsicle mold for one more hurrah. These cute candy corn inspired treats are perfect for those in-between weeks leading up to Halloween that are just too warm for cider or heavy sweets. And what’s better, unlike most Halloween treats, these popsicles are festive without containing any scary ingredients — nothing like traditional candy corn.
Try your own yellow, orange and white recipe or check out my fall themed flavors below. This recipe isn’t overly sweet so feel free to add Stevia or another sweeter if you want more classically sweet candy corn popsicles.
Healthy Candy Corn Popsicles
Makes 10 popsicles
- 1 cup vanilla yogurt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup frozen mango
- 1/2 cup fresh squash
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- About 1 large carrot, washed
- 2 tbsp honey
- Sweetener like Stevia if desired
- Combine yogurt and cinnamon and stir. Using a funnel, fill each of the molds about a third of the way with with mixture. Freeze for about 2 hours or until layer is solid.
- In a blender, add carrot, honey and orange juice. Blend until smooth. Drain through cheese cloth if smoother texture is desired. Fill each mold about third of the way with orange mixture. Freeze for about 2 hours or until layer is solid.
- Blend frozen mango and fresh squash with just enough water to help along the blender. Fill the final third of popsicle mold with mango mixture. Freeze for 2 hours or until layer is solid.
- To remove from mold, run until hot water for about 30 seconds, or leave on countertop for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Enjoy your lightly sweet, all natural popsicle in the final days of sunshine before the coolness of fall finally takes hold.
Love fall? Try these tasty seasonal recipes.