Crepes are a tasty alternative to Saturday morning pancakes. And what’s better? They only take about 20 seconds to make each one, so in no time you have stacks of crepes ready for everyone to dress up with their favorite toppings.
It’s December, so gingerbread-flavored everything is in full swing. These crepes are Christmassy in taste without being too sweet. (For added sweetness add fruit and yogurt.) The whole wheat flour makes them slightly healthier than your go-to pancake recipe, so no shame in adding a bit of additional maple syrup.
And clean up is next to nothing, since all ingredients get whipped up in a blender.
Enjoy everyone’s favorite taste of the season, gingerbread, in crepe form.
Makes about 8 crepes
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup low fat milk (or your favorite milk product)
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- pinch of allspice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Whipped cream or Greek yogurt, raspberries, pomegranate seeds, walnuts, syrup, Nutella or anything else you’d like to top them with.
- Add all ingredients to a blender, and blend until smooth.
- Set your crepe and pancake maker to medium heat and add about 1/4 cup of the mixture. Using the tool of your choice, swirl to evenly coat the griddle area (You have about 3 seconds to get the first layer on the griddle. You can take a few more seconds to make a few more passes.) Cook for about 10 seconds or until the crepe no longer looks shiny or wet on top. Flip and cook for another 5 seconds.
- Repeat with the remainder of the mixture.
- Add toppings.
Also see, cinnamon swirl pancakes.
Stock up on canned goods for yourself and your local pantry at everybodycravespantry.com, where shipping is always free.