You’ll look forward to making this easy enchilada recipe almost as much as you’ll look forward to eating it. It’s so simple yet full of that delicious Mexican flavor you crave. And you don’t have to go to a restaurant for Cinco de Mayo. Whip these up for authentic flavor on May 5 or any night of the year.
Easy Chicken Enchiladas
- 3-4 cups cooked chicken, shredded (I use cooked rotisserie chicken as a time saver)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 3/4 – 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup parsley, chopped
- 1 large can enchilada sauce (Dos Amantes has great flavor)
- 3 cups shredded cheese (Mexican blend preferred)
- 8-12 flour tortillas
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- In a large pan over medium heat, heat 2 tsps of olive oil. Simmer the onions and cook until soft. Stir often.
- Combine the chicken and the onions in the pan. Stir until combined.
- Pour about 1/2 cup of enchilada sauce over the chicken and onion mixture — enough sauce to coat the chicken.
- Add sour cream and parsley. Stir.
- Spread enough sauce in a baking dish to cover the bottom. This prevents the tortillas from sticking.
- Fill the tortillas, first with a spoon of sauce, and then some of the chicken mixture.
- Roll the tortilla and place in dish. Repeat until tortillas fill the dish — or until you run out of chicken.
- Pour enchilada sauce over rolls and spread evenly.
- Top with shredded cheese and chopped parsley. Cover with foil and bake for 20-25 minutes. Remove foil for the last 10 minutes of cooking to get golden brown edges. Tortilla edges should be slightly crisp and cheese melted when you remove it from the oven.
- Enjoy! And let me know what personal spin you put on it!
To order authentic Mexican spices and sides, visit everybodycravespantry.com.
Get groceries delivered from everybodycravespantry.com, where shipping is always free.