Singer/songwriter Bob Dylan is the latest celebrity to create his own brand of alcohol.
The Nobel Prize winner worked with bourbon maker Marc Bushala to create Heaven’s Door. The small-batch whiskeys come in three varieties: a straight bourbon, a straight rye and a double-barreled whiskey.
“Dylan has these qualities that actually work well for a whiskey,” Bushala told The New York Times. “He has great authenticity. He is a quintessential American. He does things the way he wants to do them. I think these are good attributes for a super-premium whiskey as well.”
The whiskey is only available at the online store for Heaven’s Door, but it will be available in mid-May in stores in select states.
Dylan joins a crowded market of celebrity-branded or -owned spirits, as seen below:
• Drew Barrymore — Barrymore wines. The actress has a partnership with Jackson Family Wines that’s produced Pinot Grigio, Pinot Noir and rosé.
• Kenny Chesney — Blue Chair Bay Premium Rum. The country star started his own company in 2013, with sales tripling since then.
• George Clooney — Casamigos tequila. Clooney started the tequila with friends Rande Gerber and Mike Meldman as a hobby. They recently sold the brand to British company Diageo for $700 million with the possibility of earning another $300 million.
• Sammy Hagar — Santo Mezquila. The former Van Halen singer was already on the map with Cabo Wabo tequila, which he founded in 1996 and has since sold a majority stake. Now he’s teaming with Maroon 5 frontman Adam Levine on a tequila blended with mezcal, both of which are distilled from agave.
• Jay-Z — Armand de Brignac champagne. The rapper has had a financial stake in the company since its inception, and some of its bottles sell for more than $800 apiece.
• Maynard James Keenan — Caduceus Cellars wine. The enigmatic Tool frontman has spent door time on his winery in the past few years than on the platinum-selling band.
• Ryan Reynolds — Aviation gin. The “Deadpool” actor bought the maker of the popular Oregon craft spirit earlier this year. “My responsibilities here at the company are vast. I’ll spend my days being photographed intermittently clinching my jaw muscles while pointing at things and nodding,” Reynolds says in an automated reply. “I’ll drink Aviation Gin. I’ll sit in board meetings, imagining my very own Red Wedding.”
• The Rock — Mana tequila. This hasn’t hit the market yet, but the action star/pro wrestler’s company filed a trademark application for this.
• Justin Timberlake — Sauza 901 tequila. Timberlake started with tequila in 2009, with the 901 coming from the hometown area code for Memphis.
More from Everybody Craves
Follow us on Facebook.