Is there anything better than waking up to a hot breakfast on a cold fall morning? Sometimes we need an extra boost to drag us out of that warm bed. Next time the weather forecast calls for gloomy, grey showers, set this recipe in your crock pot the night before. You’ll look forward to gobbling up this super filling, healthy, hearty fall breakfast. It’s perfect as-is, but you can dress it up with all sorts of toppings. It’s easy to make, and you’ll be satisfied for hours.
If you’re on a diet, leave out the brown sugar and it will still taste great. However, at just 1/2 tbsp per serving, you might be able to find it in your diet to enjoy this touch of sweetness.
Crock pot apple cinnamon oatmeal
- 1 cup steel cut oats (no substitutions)
- 4 cups water
- 1 large Honeycrisp apple, chopped
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Add all ingredients to the crock pot. Stir until cinnamon mixes in well and doesn’t just float at the top.
- Cover. Set timer on low and cook for 6 to 8 hours.
- Top with walnut pieces, apple chunks, or anything else you like to add to your oatmeal.
- Serve warm.Also see, Pumpkin oatmeal morning breakfast.
Get groceries delivered from everybodycravespantry.com, where shipping is always free.