This easy Creamy Gnocchi Bake with mozzarella and spinach is perfect for a weeknight meal. It takes about 15 minutes to prep, then 30 minutes to bake in the oven. While you’re waiting, throw together a tossed salad or sauté a vegetable for a super low stress, well-balanced meal.
Plus, can we just take a moment to admire all of that cheesy, creamy goodness? Those seasoned cherry tomatoes are just bursting with flavor, and fresh basil makes everything better. It’s a dish your whole crew will go crazy for.
Creamy gnocchi bake
- 4 tbsp butter
- 4 gloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 – 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 4 cups spinach
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup fresh grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 large handful basil, chopped + more for garnish
- 2 (about 17-18 ounces each) packages gnocchi
- 1 cup freshly shredded mozzarella
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- In a large skillet on medium heat, melt butter. Add garlic and cook about 1 minute. Add tomatoes and oregano, salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes. Cook for about 7-8 minutes, or until tomatoes begin to burst.
- Add spinach and cook until wilted. Pour in broth. Stir.
- Add heavy cream, parmesan, and basil, and bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to low simmer and cook about 3 minutes, or until sauce is slightly reduced.
- Toss gnocchi in mixture and coat well. Pour contents into a baking pan (9×13″ recommended). Top with mozzarella and bake until gnocchi is cooked and cheese is melted — about 30 minutes.
- When ready to serve, top with a sprinkling of more fresh basil leaves.