These dense and chocolatey muffins hit the just right spot for fall. The pumpkin keeps them super moist and adds just a hint of a fall flavor. Devour them as dessert, breakfast, or as a snack along with your tea or coffee. Note that this recipe makes two dozen muffins because 12 disappear way too fast!
Chocolate Pumpkin muffins
Makes 24 muffins (2 pans of 12)
- 3-3/4 cups all purpose flour
- 3 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 cup baking cocoa powder
- 1-1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1-1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1-1/2 tsp salt
- 1-1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 3 large eggs
- 2 cans (15 ounce) pumpkin puree
- 1-1/4 cups canola oil
- 1-1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup pepitas
- Preheat over to 350ºF. Spray 12-count muffin pan with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk to combine the dry ingredients — flour, sugar, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, cloves, and nutmeg.
- In a separate large bowl, add eggs, pumpkin, oil, and vanilla. Whisk until combined.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients and stir until just moistened. Add chocolate chips and fold until evenly dispersed.
- Place heaping spoonfuls of muffin mix into muffin pan sections. Sprinkle with pepitas.
- Bake for 25-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
Also see, Apple cinnamon streusel bread recipe.
Get groceries delivered from everybodycravespantry.com, where shipping is always free.