If you love fall baked goods but aren’t a fan of super sweets, this cream cheese filled pumpkin bread recipe will satisfy your seasonal cravings. You’ll love this bread-like snack and its slightly sweet center. It’s dense, decadent and the perfect fall treat to make for breakfast, dessert or just about anytime.
Also try this Classic Pumpkin Roll recipe.
cheesecake-filled pumpkin bread
- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
What else you’ll need:
- 9×5 inch loaf pan
- electric mixer
- nonstick cooking spray
- cooling rack
- Preheat oven to 325ºF. Grease a 9×5 inch loaf pan and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, add dry ingredients and whisk together. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat to combine oil, sugar, brown sugar, eggs, and pumpkin puree.
- Add 1/2 of the dry mixture to wet mixture and combine. The add the other half. Stir until just combined. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, make the cream cheese filling by adding all filling ingredients and beat with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Retrieve your prepared loaf pan. Pour 1 1/2 cups of pumpkin batter into bottom of pan. Then spoon cream cheese mixture on top. Spread mixture over pumpkin evenly. Then top with remaining pumpkin batter.
- Bake on the center rack for about 60-70 minutes, or until it passes the toothpick test. Check the bread during the last 10 minutes of baking.
- Let cool on a wire rack completely before slicing.
Try this recipe: Pumpkin pie with a pecan sandy crust recipe.