Mornings that start with smoothies are the best mornings. They’re such a nice, light and filling guilt-free breakfast option. Plus, I just love getting creative and trying different flavor combinations — but not as much as I love squeezing in a few servings for fruits and veggies before 9 a.m. Seriously, I make smarter eating decisions all day because I know I’ve had a great start. Why stop there? I think to myself.
It’s true what they say. One healthy decision really does lead to another, and another, and another. Days that start with donuts definitely don’t inspire gym workouts.
If you’re trying to get in better shape this year, start with your mornings and go from there. Try this healthy blue and green blueberry avocado smoothie — it’s one of my favorites — and see if you don’t feel like making other healthy choices, too.
Blue and green blueberry avocado smoothie
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1 large banana
- 1 avocado, pitted
- 2 cups fresh kale
- 2 tsp honey
- 3/4 cup water (adjust for desired thickness)
- 1/4 cup almond or skim milk
- 1/2 cup ice (optional)
- Put all ingredients in a high-powered blender and cover. Blend on high until smooth, stopping occasionally to scrape the sides if ingredients get stuck on the sides.
- Pour and enjoy right away!
ALSO TRY, Easy Peaches and Cream Protein Smoothie.