I am, without a doubt, an appetizer person. It’s where all the best foods are found! They’re always so cheesy, gooey, warm, and dunkable — This spicy baked brie with cranberry jalapeño jam appetizer is no exception.
This recipe is great around the holidays because you might already have fresh cranberries are your house. You can substitute a cup of homemade cranberry sauce for the fresh cranberries if you have leftovers. Plus, just look at those colors! They’re a perfect pop to any holiday table.
This delicious sweet and spicy brie recipe comes together without a whole lot of work involved. Just warm the brie and top with a simple 10 minute cranberry jalapeño sauce. It’s so creamy and such an unusual combination, it will be gone in no time!
Serve it with crackers, apple slices, and/or sliced baguettes.
Baked brie with cranberry jalapeño jam
Serves 8 as an appetizer
- 1 16-ounce brie wheel
- 12 ounces fresh cranberries
- 2 jalapeños, finely chopped (remove seeds for less heat)
- Optional: 1/4 jalapeño, chopped (for garnish)
- 1 tsp water
- 3/4 cup sugar
- Crackers for serving
- Using a sharp knife, trace a circle around the top of the brie rind about 1/4 of an inch from the sides. carefully cut the circle away from the cheese wheel to expose creamy center.
- Place the cheese whole on an oven safe plate or bowl. Make sure the plate has plenty of room for oozing, should some spill over.
- Bake at 350º for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, add cranberries, jalapeños, sugar, 1 tsp water, to small sauce pot and bring to a boil (cranberries will burst releasing juices that will dissolve the sugar).
- Remove brie from oven and top with cranberry sauce.
- Top with fresh chopped jalapeño.
- Serve warm.
Rather than make a mess, I came to my senses and served this appetizer with my stand up knife. Genius!
Also check out my spicy cranberry, pomegranate brie crostini bites for another delicious appetizer.
Get groceries delivered for free from everybodycravespantry.com.
Also see, 10 crazy candy cane flavors you won’t even believe.