Here’s one for those of you with “no time to make anything tonight.” I think you can come up with 15 minutes, right? If you can find just 15 minutes, you can find this super simple and delicious taco soup recipe ready on your table.
I say 15 minutes, and you say, “But I still have to stop and get groceries, don’t I? That’s time, too!” Well, yes. But almost everything in this recipe can be stocked in your pantry or freezer, ready to go when you’re out of ideas, and out of time. Add these ingredients to you next online or grocery store order, and pull this recipe up when the week starts to get a little crazy.
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1.5 lbs. ground beef (at least 90/10) or ground turkey
- 1 15-22ounce can of fire-roasted tomatoes*
- 1 15-ounce can of whole kernel corn*
- 1 15-ounce can of pinto beans*
- 1 1.13-ounce packet of spicy taco seasoning mix
- 1 cup water
- chopped green onions
- sour cream (optional)
- shredded cheddar cheese (optional)
- 1 large tomato, chopped (optional)
*Note: Can sizes are approximate. Get as close as you can, but this recipe has lots of room for personalization.
- In a large pot over medium heat, pour olive oil. Add onion and cook about 5 minutes or until translucent. Then, add ground meat, and cook until you don’t see any pink left.
- If using a higher-fat ground beef, you may need to drain off a bit at this point.
- Add corn, tomatoes, pintos, taco seasoning and water to pot, and blend week. Let simmer on medium heat about 5 to 10 minutes.
- Garnish with green onions and sour cream, cheddar, or fresh tomato. Serve with tortilla chips for scooping.